Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

President 2024

Hello everyone it is good to see you all again. I hope you are all fit and well and ready to Bowl this season.

I would like to welcome our new members and hope you all enjoy being part of our friendly club.

This is my third time as President, and I hope that I do a good job for you. It is not always easy to have a President and we did in the past ask Sher, but the answer was always ‘no.’ He was a shy man. Unfortunately, Sher passed away in March last year and we miss him dearly. My charity this year will be for Pancreatic cancer so please give where you can.

I have been with Thurmaston Bowls Club for nearly 26 years and have seen many changes.

We used to have a little room in Elizabeth Park up until Elaine and Dave Elwood, our treasure at the time managed to raise the money from Lottery funding to build our Pavilion in 2013. As you know we are known as the Berrington Pavilion after Jack Berrington who was one of the founder members of this club. What a year that was.

Now we have to move forward, enjoy our bowls and win a few matches and some trophies.

Now let a new season begin, enjoy your games and good luck to you all.

Keep smiling.

From your president for 2024 Monica Green